ICMR Scholarships for medical research students, The Indian Council of Medical Research (ICMR), New Delhi, the apex body in India for the formulation, coordination and promotion of biomedical research, is one of the oldest medical research bodies in the world.
The Fellowship duration is 3-6 months for young scientists and 10-15 days for senior scientists
The ICMR invites applications from Indian biomedical scientists for the international fellowships for the year 2012-13. Last date of receipt of applications: 30th April, 2012
Number of ICMR International Fellowship 2013
- Young scientists-12
- Senior scientists-6
Age Limit for ICMR International Fellowship 2013
- Below 45 years for young scientists
- Below 55 years for senior scientists.
Financial support for ICMR International Fellowship 2013
- US$ 2400 per month, contingency grant of Rs.15,000/- and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for young scientists.
- US$160 per day (including US$75 as per diem and rest for accommodation expenses) and return economy class air ticket (excursion airfare) for senior scientists.
Eligibility for ICMR International Fellowship 2013
- Below 45 years of age for young and 55 years for senior scientists.
- M.D/PhD degree with at least (3 years teaching/research) experience for young scientists.
- And at least (15 years teaching/research) experience for senior scientists.
- Regular position in a recognized biomedical/research/health institution in India.
Application for ICMR International Fellowship 2013
Applicant should submit a letter of acceptance from the foreign Institute where he/she proposes to work along with a concrete plan of training/research work to be undertaken during the fellowship.
- Incomplete applications will not be entertained.
- Recommendation by the Head of the parent organization/ institute is essential.
- Decision of ICMR will be final.
- If selected, the fellowship is to be availed before 28th February, 2013
- 10 copies of the application should be submitted to following address
Contact Details ICMR International Fellowship 2013
Official Website : http://icmr.nic.in
International Health Division,
Indian Council of Medical Research,
V Ramalingaswami Bhawan,
Post Box No.4911,
New Delhi – 110029