Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR) was established in the year of 1969 by the Government of India to promote research in social sciences in the country.
The Doctoral Fellowships under the following categories:
- Open Doctoral Fellowships
- Doctoral Fellowships in North East Category
Eligibility for ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2013
- Applicants who hold a Master’s degree of a recognised university in any social science subject with a minimum of second class with 55% marks.
- Relaxation of 5% marks/ corresponding grades will be made for SC/ST candidates.
- Candidates should preferably not be more than 35 years (relaxable by 5 years in case of SC/ST) as on the last date for the receipt of the completed applications in the Council.
Duration of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2013
Duration for full time regular doctoral fellowship would be two years extendable up to one more year in special circumstances
Value of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2013
- The value of the fellowship for full time regular doctoral fellowship is Rs. 16,000/- p.m. (Consolidated) in case of regular PhD scholars (non-employed)
- For full time regular doctoral fellowship, a contingency grant of Rs. 15,000/-per annum.
- For more details, please visit their official website (given below).
Application of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2013
- The application procedure is detailed in the scholarship website, see their official website.
- Incomplete applications and those not duly forwarded will not be considered for Fellowship.
- The proposal, with all necessary details, may be sent to below address.
Contact Details of ICSSR Doctoral Fellowships 2013
Official Website of Scholarship : http://www.icssr.org
Deputy Director (Research Fellowships Doctoral)
Indian Council of Social Science Research
Aruna Asaf Ali Marg
JNU Institutional Area
New Delhi-110 067.